Friday, March 18, 2005

Here or There

Here or there
Where I am wasting
Words I learned
From my childhood
Before I knew
About money
Sex
And wars…
Here or there
I count the steps
The river jumps
To reach its end
Here or there
I think of the end
Of the tail of days
Days which have no meanings or colours
Colours which are mixed with Vain
Vain!! Which grows faster than wheat
Wheat produced in factories
Rather than fields
Here
In the sky
With gloomy calendar
And clowns
Inviting you to Banks
Explaining the importance of insurance
And American Democracy
The glorious times of English Mines
Where miners had
Prosperity and pubs
Here in the greyness of politics and business
There are honours for native bankers

for the Highness of Streling Pound
And Imperial War Museums…..


London 3/12/04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home